The team has been busy polishing the exterior of Brackets for our upcoming Max release so we’re packing some of Brackets’ existing features with a little extra love in this release.
Remember when the Quick Edit and Quick Find Definition features were first introduced but they didn’t work for your SCSS or LESS files? Well now they do. Any selector, even the ampersand Selector, can be located using Quick Find and any class, ID or tag selector can be targeted for QuickEdit in SCSS/LESS files.
And that’s not all—mousing over rules declared in SCSS or LESS files will highlight their usage in the browser when using the Live Preview feature. Editing rules, however, will still require that your source file be recompiled. May we suggest the LESS AutoCompile Extension or the brackets-sass extension to automatically recompile them on save?
Extra Dark Theme
Our Dark Theme has spread to make more of Brackets UI dark. Now, when you choose the Dark Theme, you’ll notice the status bar, context menus, dialogs, etc… are styled to match the rest of the UI. Custom Theme Authors can designate their theme to use the Dark or Light UI for the Brackets components which Themes Extensions cannot style.
The overwhelming popularity of custom themes support exploded our Extensions Manager dialog so Brackets committer Miguel Castillo took it upon himself to do something about it by creating a “Themes” tab.
This makes it easier to find a great theme from the vast array of Custom Themes already added to the registry and new ones being added daily.
Find UI Improvements
We added a “Find Index” hint to the Find Bar.
This helps to show where you are in the file so you know when you’ve wrapped back around to the beginning.
This is extremely useful for the Replace feature as it shows how many replacements are remaining.
The “Language Switcher” (that thing on the status bar that allows you to change the language starting in Release 0.42) could be used to change any document’s language. With Release 0.43, we’ve added the ability to save that setting for all files for the current file’s type.
Brackets wouldn’t be where it is today without its many contributors from around the world. Thank you!
- Add Themes tab to Extension Manager (+ part 2) by Miguel Castillo
- Fix Live Preview bugs when page contains iframe by Marcel Gerber
- Create Ukrainian translation by Maks Lyashuk
- Polyfill String.trimRight() to support IE10+ in-browser in part by David Humphrey
- Improve undo batching for inline CSS Bezier/timing editor’s changes by Marcel Gerber
- Fix 8572: Dragging in color picker square causes hue to change by Marcel Gerber
- Fix 4920 & 5999: Don’t terminate Working Files drag prematurely by Tomás Malbrán
- Suport generic CodeMirror themes when using
ThemeManager.loadFile()(+ part 2) by Miguel Castillo
- Fix 8712: Make title of Themes dialog localizable by Denisov21
- Fix code hint capitalization of meta tag’s
- Fix spurious focus ring shown on inline editors by Marcel Gerber
- When prepopulating Find in Files query from editor selection, only use first line of text (as in Find) by Marcel Gerber
- Immediately hide Quick View popover when mouse leaves editor area by Marcel Gerber
- Add keywords for Ubuntu desktop search by Mark-Simulacrum
- Add unit tests for
- Cleanup: better way to strip whitespace in JSLint extension by Martin Mädler
- Cleanup: Optimize ‘Getting Started’ sample project PNGs by Jamie Stevens
- Dutch translation for Getting Started by githrdw
- Italian translation update (+ part 2) by Denisov21
- Finnish translation update (+ part 2) by valtlait
- Chinese (Simplified) translation update by airycanon
- Brazilian Portuguese translation update by Brunno Pleffken
- German translation update by Marcel Gerber
- Spanish translation update by Tomás Malbrán
- Improve localization README.md by Pei-Tang Huang
- Fix typos in localization README.md by Denisov21
- Fix typo in LocalizationExample README.md by Denisov21
- Documentation cleanup in
- Cleanup: Update documentation/community URLs to canonical version (+ part 2) by Eric J
The Brackets team has updated the wiki article on working with multiple selections to include changes to how Multiple Selections are Pasted. Check it out and let us know how it helps you improve your productivity!